Friday, September 13, 2013

kiloware

 
 
 
Kiloware - you either love it or hate it! I've always dealt in kiloware, it's a nice entry level product that gives people a great deal of fun and, occasionally, a real find!
 
I sell kiloware from all over the world but 95% of what I sell is GB, the market for this has gone through the roof in recent years, just as many charities gave up collecting it! Result - price has risen from around £5 to £50 a kilogram, and I could sell ten times what I do if only I could find the stock!
 
My secret is to leave it exactly as I find it. I'm never tempted to dip in and pick out the 'best' stuff. For this reason my customers tend to quite happily pay upfront for lots they won't even get for 5 or 6 months!
 
I also sell country lots, mainly in 100 gram bags. But I also have a wonderful world mix that is always surprising with loads of high values, airmails and older material. If you're a general collector, or want to start trading, there's nothing better! I usually have reasonable supplies of this and there's no need to order up front! 

My rules - ALL kiloware is always untouched with nothing taken out (or added!) by me. I always use good stamps for the postage which receive CDS postmarks from my local PO. 1 kg lots are also protected with plastic, so 9 times out of 10 you'll have lovely scarce genuinely postally fine used GB to sell on ...

No comments: